Dave N5UP

Dave N5UP
Dave monitoring progress during the server migration June 17, 2010

Dell R710 server

Dell R710 server
A technician at our data center adjusts a rack of Dell R710 servers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

OK, I almost have a plan




I've been moving some of my other web sites over to the new servers as guinea pigs, to find out what I'm forgetting.

I'm at the point right now of setting up the numerous backup processes that back up the database, data files, graphics, and programs onto duplicate backup machines.

What you can't see in the diagram above is the additional 2 machines that are the current servers. They are all cross-connected while I am moving software and databases around, and it's quite exciting trying to keep all of the Remote Desktop sessions straight between them! And launch some new eAwards, and work on new features, and solve problems that come in via the Support email.

So, anyway, we are now on Step 14 of a 47 step plan to migrate everything over to the new servers, and things are going pretty smoothly thus far. Someone is trying to break into our new web server and is hacking away with FTP, trying thousands and thousands of different passwords and usernames. I hope they have lots of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment