Dave N5UP

Dave N5UP
Dave monitoring progress during the server migration June 17, 2010

Dell R710 server

Dell R710 server
A technician at our data center adjusts a rack of Dell R710 servers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Memory problem may be solved

It looked as if I was going to need to install a HotFix or "Cumulative Update" to fix the memory problem, but instead, I set the minimum and maximum memory allocations, and the system has been running ever since that time without any problems.

I found out from my son Talon (who works for Microsoft) that Windows 2008 32-bit was based on Vista, while Windows 2008 64-bit (called "R2") was based on Windows 7. That would explain some of the weird differences I've found between those two, that you would not expect.

Now my backups are running out of disk space because I don't have the cleanup task set up correctly. I'm addressing that, and seeing if I can add one more disk to the database server, just for some more room. I'm also making a few changes to the current servers to handle the new eWAS PSK endorsement, and then hopefully it will be about time to move to the new servers. The other web sites on the new server are running smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment